The document has two sections
· Cookies Policy
Imagine Theatre Ltd is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to be clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
Why have we updated our policy?
Our policy has been updated to bring us in line with the new GDPR regulations. GDPR stands for the General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into effect in the EU on May 25 2018. This new legislation is all about giving you greater security, transparency, and control of your personal data.
Imagine Theatre Ltd may collect personal information which we receive when:
· you use our website
· you use our services
· you contact us
· you are a recipient of our services
· you undertake work for us
We may collect the following types of information (including but not limited to):
· your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
· information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
· your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
· if you work for us on one of our productions or at head office, we may collect data pertinent to your employment
· your payment information such as bank account details.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect your personal information to:
· provide services to you or your organisation
· provide you with services that you may request from us.
· to enable us to pay for services that you may provide to us
· to manage your employment with us should you be employed by us
· meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who do we collect the information from?
For the purposes of our GDPR compliance, we have placed data we may hold into one of four categories
· People we supply or have supplied a service to (our current customers and past customers)
· People who provide or have provided a service to us (our suppliers and past suppliers)
· People who are working or have worked for us (our employees and past employees)
· People who have expressed an interest in being considered to work for us, supply a service to us or who have expressed an interest in us providing a service to them (potential employees, potential suppliers and potential customers)
How do we collect this information?
We collect personal information including but not limited to the following:
· from customers past and present: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services, sends an enquiry to us or asks us to provide a service to them. Sources of contact include (but are not limited) to enquiries through our website, social media, email, post or phone.
· from our suppliers past and present: e.g. when you supply a service into us, or invoice us for services supplied
· from employees past and present: e.g. when contracts returned to us, when accepting work with us or, when working with us when submitting invoices to us
· from potential employees, potential supplies and potential customers: e.g. when you contact us via an enquiry form from our website, you or your agent submit your CV to us, you contact us to send us details of your company or your services or you make your CV available for us to view on websites such as spotlight and stage jobs pro. This also includes application forms for audition on children’s audition days.
· from publicly available sources: e.g. social media, internet services.
We are committed to keeping your information up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, if you believe that we have made an error, then please contact us as we have outlined below and we will use reasonable endeavours to correct.
Please note that we only provide a service into the theatres we perform in. We do not run any box office systems. This means we do not collect any personal data from audience members.
Keeping your information safe and secure.
Imagine Theatre Ltd is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
We have a documented retention periods and deletion plans in place. We also undertake secure shredding of paper documentation via ‘Restore datashred’.
Third party access
Access to your personal information is only allowed when required by law, we do not, and will never, sell or share your personal information with third parties. The only exception to this would fall under the ‘Get In Touch’ form on our website. This is detailed later in this document and is only if we feel it is within the legitimate interest of the person contacting us.
Our Service Providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, outsourced HR provision, marketing outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
We have undertaken work to ensure that all of our third-party service providers with access to any form of data are GDPR compliant in lines with the rules and regulations set out.
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as we need it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purpose by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting our Website
Our website provider is Squarespace. Whilst they are based in the USA, they are GDPR compliant.
When visiting our website, your computer will usually provide us some general information about itself automatically that we will use to understand where people go on our site, how they found us, and the amount of time spent on the page. This information usually includes (but is not limited to):
· The IP Address of your computer on the Internet
· Operating System
· Browser type, version number and details of any components that you may have installed
· The referring web page
· The search terms you used (if any) to find our site
We also use the Google Analytics™ web analytics service to provide more detailed information about where our visitors go and how often they visit our site. To do this, we set a cookie that stores information such as:
· What time the current visit occurred
· Whether you have been to our site before
· What site referred you to our web page
· Details about your computer, browser, and components installed
· Your route through the site.
Unless you send us a Get in Touch form, the above information does not personally identify you even if you visit more than once.
Sending us a Message / Logging in to our Site
There is only one situation where more personally identifiable information is captured by us:
· Sending us a Get in Touch or hires enquiry form
With the Get in Touch forms, you are prompted to enter information about yourself including your name, telephone number and email address.
We do not have a log in to our website and so cannot collect any data that way.
Get in Touch Forms on our Website
Using the Get in Touch Forms on our website is similar to sending us an email. Our hosting company, Squarespace, sends the form via an email to the appropriate Imagine Theatre department, with all of the information you have entered as well as the IP-Address of your computer.
The Imagine Theatre department may forward this email to others within the company or outside of it (for example to one of our partner theatres) in order to be able to reply to your enquiry. We would only forward an enquiry on to an external partner if we felt it was of legitimate interest of the enquirer. This partner would always be GDPR compliant.
Social Media sites
If you like, comment or interact in any way with our pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Tumblr or Pinterest some of your personal information becomes available to us such as your name, username, handle and profile picture. We do not store this information anywhere, though it will still be available to us on the social media website. We do not use this information unless it is to get in contact with you directly to respond to your comment or interaction.
We also receive from Facebook, an aggregated view of how people interact with our Facebook Page and information about age, location and gender of people who are following us. This functionality is managed by Facebook. None of the information provided to us through this allows us to specifically identify any individuals.
On Twitter, we are able to see any information that you make available to other Twitter users - even if you are not following us - as this is controlled by Twitter.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Access to personal information
To make a request to Imagine Theatre Ltd for any personal information we may hold, we need you to contact us by writing to
Imagine Theatre Ltd, 2 Brandon House, Woodhams Road, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV3 4FX
Or by emailing us at email@example.com
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
How to contact us:
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org , Or write to us at:
Imagine Theatre Ltd, 2 Brandon House, Woodhams Road, Middlemarch Business Park, Coventry, CV3 4FX
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that any adverts you see online (which we don't have on our website!) are more relevant to you and your interests.
A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below. By using our website you agree to the cookies we use unless you choose to opt out of them. Please be aware, that by opting out of some cookies, our website may not work as quickly, or as well as if cookies are enabled.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. We only have one cookie in this category:
· Squarespace - Squarespace is the company that we use to host our website. Squarespace sets cookies when you log into the secure area of our website, and remembers your cookie preferences. This will only apply if you are an administrator of our site or attempt to log in as an administrator of our website.
These allow us to gather anonymous information about how you use our website, how you got here, and any problems/errors that arise while you browse. There are two types of cookie in this category:
· Squarespace – (the company that hosts our website) drops a single tracking cookie called ‘ss_lastvisit’ which helps Squarespace and Imagine Theatre determine if you have visited our website before. To opt-out of this cookie please see the below section – Opting Out of all cookies.
· Google Analytics™ - is a free service from Google that allows us to get much more detailed information about the usage of our website, such as the Country you are visiting us from, the webpage or search term you used to find our website, which pages you visited and for how long, which devise and browser you used to access our site and whether you have visited us before. We can use this information to arrange our website in a more logical way for visitors, and optimise its performance for the most commonly used devises and browsers. Users can prevent their data being collected and used by Google Analytics by downloading the add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social Media Cookies
We link to our pages on a number Social Media websites from our own website:
· You Tube
Opting out of all cookies
Some cookies on our website cannot be switched off individually. However, you can use settings on your browser to restrict and manage cookies across all websites you visit.