Imagine Theatre are delighted to announce an expansion of their team with the addition of several new key members of staff.
Laura Taylor joins them as Head of Marketing and Business Development, Katie Boyce as a specialist props maker and Eric Potts will be writing and directing for them this forthcoming Christmas season.
Both Laura and Eric were formerly part of the First Family Entertainment (FFE) team. Laura had worked alongside Kevin Wood as Associate Producer at FFE for the whole of its twelve years existence and had previously headed up the marketing department at QDOS Entertainment so brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience of the pantomime industry. Laura will be joining the Imagine team as a full-time employee.
Eric joins the Imagine team as writer of the Halifax and Kilmarnock pantomimes and will also be directing the Kilmarnock show before he heads off to Darlington to appear as Dame. Eric Potts was responsible for writing the majority of the First Family Entertainment pantomime scripts in addition to directing and starring as Dame. Eric will be joining the writing team at Imagine which already consists of experienced writers Iain Lauchlan, Will Brenton & Alan McHugh.
Katie Boyce joins the 15 strong Imagine head office team as a specialist pantomime props maker. She had previously worked for QDOS Entertainment and her skills have already been put to great use, creating props for Imagine and Scrumptious House’s number 1 sell-out tour of Justin’s Party which took place in the spring of 2017.
Imagine Theatre, owned by Steve & Sarah Boden is a family run, already well-established pantomime production company with over 14 productions taking place this Christmas. The Imagine Theatre ethos is to produce quality magical family pantomimes, that tell stories with real heart. The recruitment of Laura and Eric who both have a background in commercial pantomime, now secures Imagine as one of the most well-rounded experienced pantomime teams in the UK.
Steve Boden, Managing Director of Imagine Theatre says:- ‘We are absolutely thrilled to be welcoming Laura and Eric into our team. They both bring unrivalled knowledge of this very niche world of pantomime that we work in. I know they are both going to fit into the team perfectly, as their love of the genre is very clear to see. They both care enormously about creating quality family pantomimes and that is what Imagine is all about too.’
Laura Taylor, newly appointed Head of Marketing & Business Development says:- ‘I am delighted to be joining the Imagine Theatre team. I am hugely impressed with the way that Imagine approach producing. Steve & Sarah have created a unique working environment that has ‘family’ at its core with such care and attention taken over the productions. They have a wonderful friendly team of people that are amazing at their jobs, they have all been so welcoming that I feel part of the family already. I’m really looking forward to working alongside them all and helping Imagine to grow’.
Imagine Theatre are owners of 42 pantomime sets, thousands of costumes, props and special effects which they hire out, and have a full team of staff at their Coventry base that work tirelessly all year round to create traditional family pantomimes. Their current portfolio includes-
- Cinderella – Belgrade Theatre, Coventry (co-produced with the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry)
- Beauty & The Beast – Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock
- Cinderella – Grimsby Auditorium, Grimsby
- Aladdin – Victoria Theatre, Halifax
- Snow White – Eden Court Theatre, Inverness
- Dick Whittington – Palace Theatre, Kilmarnock
- Aladdin - Adam Smith Theatre, Kirkcaldy (co-produced with Fife Cultural Trust at Adam Smith Theatre)
- Sleeping Beauty – Spa Centre, Leamington Spa
- Beauty & The Beast – De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- Beauty & The Beast – Palace Theatre, Newark
- Cinderella – Grand Pavilion, Porthcawl
- Peter Pan – The Hexagon, Reading
- Cinderella – Southport Theatre and Convention Centre, Southport
- Santa's Polka Dot Pirate – Harlow Playhouse (co-produced with the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry)
- Santa’s Mixed-Up Martian – The Civic Hall, Nantwich; Belgrade Theatre, Coventry; Victoria Theatre, Halifax & The New Wimbledon Studio Theatre (co-produced with the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry).
Imagine Theatre also recently co-produced Justin Fletcher in his sell-out UK tour of Justin’s Party.