The 2012 pantomime season has drawn to a close, so as usual, here are the Imagine Theatre Interesting Facts for this pantomime season.
- The curtain went up 503 times on an Imagine Theatre panto.
- Over 41,000 costume changes took place.
- It has taken 589 people (including our staff, panto babes and venue teams) more than 148,700 hours to make the season work. That’s the equivalent of 3,717 weeks or 77.5 years work!
- Dawn, Karen and Bocca in our costume department prepared and cleaned more than 6,500 costume items… and now they’ve got to put them all away!
- Ian and Phil in our warehouse loaded and unloaded more than 5,000 scenic pieces.
- Over 4,000 postal items left the Imagine Theatre Head Office.
- We drank over 12,500 cups of tea in head office, during the preparations for the season (and probably ate the same number of biscuits too!).
- More than 22,000 programmes were printed.
- We obtained 309 licenses for children to perform on stage across 40 different local education authorities. This activity alone involved us processing over 6,500 individual pieces of paper.
- We got through 37 rolls of gaffa tape, 100 rolls of electrical tape, 3 big boxes of glue gun sticks, rather a lot of UV paint and 11 MASSIVE tubs of glitter.
- So far this year, the Imagine team have watched over 130 pantomimes.
- And over 275,000 people watched an Imagine Theatre panto.
Thank you so much to all the casts, crew, venue staff, audiences and anyone who has helped us in any way for this pantomime season. We couldn't have done it without you and we are forever grateful.